- Why is the GA2020 postponed?
After reviewing the present circumstances, IAPB has decided to postpone the Global Assembly to 2021. The health, safety and well-being of the IAPB global community is of the highest priority. Therefore, the right course of action is to postpone.
- When will the Global Assembly take place?
The Global Assembly will be held in October 2021. Please subscribe to our Global Assembly mailing list for updates and read our CEO note for more information.
- Will the Global Assembly in 2021 be hosted in Singapore?
Yes! We will be holding the 2021 event in Singapore, with our hosts the Singapore Eye Research Institute. We look forward to sharing more details as soon as possible.
- How can I stay up to date with information about the Global Assembly in 2021?
Please subscribe to our Global Assembly mailing list for regular updates and announcements.
- I have registered for GA2020, can my registration fees be carried over to the GA2021 event?
Yes, your registration will be valid for the 2021 event. This process will happen automatically and we will send you event news as it becomes available. We look forward to seeing you in 2021.
- I have registered for GA2020, can I get a full refund?
Yes, you are eligible for a full refund. We have updated the refund policy for those registrations made before 23rd April 2020. Please refer to our updated refund policy here.
- How will I be informed about registrations for the 2021 event?
Please continue to subscribe to the Global Assembly mailing list for regular updates. If you are a subscriber to IAPB newsletters, please update your mailing preferences to include Global Assembly Updates. You can do that here.
- When will registrations for the 2021 event open?
We are working out the details. Stay tuned!
- What happens with my hotel reservation?
Delegates who have booked accommodation at the following conference hotels; Fairmont Singapore, Swissotel the Stamford, Mercure Bugis, ibis Singapore on Bencoolen will be contacted as soon as possible. We are speaking with these hotels in an effort to transfer your hotel reservation to 2021. If you have any queries in the meantime, please contact us at [email protected].
- I have submitted an abstract for GA2020, will it be eligible for review for the event in 2021?
Thank you for submitting your abstract, your participation is important to us. If you have submitted an abstract, or are in the process of submitting one, your submission(s) will remain saved on our systems and will be eligible for review in 2021.
- I have submitted an abstract, will I be able to withdraw it or make changes before the GA in 2021?
Yes, you will have an opportunity to edit or withdraw your abstract before GA2021. Details on how to edit or withdraw abstracts will be available as GA2021 timelines are finalised. While your abstract will remain on our system, we encourage you to keep a copy for your records. You can do this now from the abstract portal. Please note that no action is required at present, we will email you with more information when appropriate.
- When will abstract submissions for the 2021 event open?
IAPB is currently reviewing timelines and options available, we will announce details as soon as possible. To stay up to date, please visit the Global Assembly website or join the Global Assembly mailing list.
- I have paid my exhibitors fees for GA2020, can those fees be transferred to the 2021 event?
Definitely. We are very grateful for your trust and support during these difficult times.
- Can I get a full refund?
Yes, we will refund exhibitor fees. Please contact Philip Hoare to arrange directly.
- When will exhibitor information for the 2021 event be available?
We are working out the details and will share these in the near future. Should you have additional questions about exhibiting at the IAPB Marketplace in please contact Philip Hoare.